Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Grandpa's Coveralls

When I was growing up my grandpa stored his motor-home in our drive why. When I say motor-home, I am talking about an old school ugly thing from the 70s.  My siblings actually named it affectionately Mahana, as in the old Mormon movie found here on youtube. Anyway I remember coming home almost daily during one year at school to my grandpa working on Mahana.  Whenever he would work on her he would always wear his coveralls.

These coveralls were a constant to me, and I loved to see my grandpa wear them.  But as my grandpa has gotten older he doesn't wear them anymore. So there other day I went over to his house, and there he was sitting in his lazy boy with his coveralls on. He said he was wearing them so that he could wear his back brace, but still I was glad to see them with or without Mahana. I couldn't believe how happy I was to see them on him.  Everything has been changing, so it was nice to be reminded of a time when life was simpler, and I didn't have to grow up and make life decisions. 

2 comments:

dlkenney said...

I also have fond memories of those coveralls. He wore them everyday when we lived at the Flat Rock Club, except if we were going to church or going anywhere outside of Island Park. I Love You Uncle Elmer

Melissa said...

Funny thing is, for the longest time, I thought it was called a leisure suit!